Thursday, June 23, 2011

Brand new look - same feisty GenerationXpert



I decided to change up the look of my blog. It's been four years since I started this thing and I'm no longer trying to pose as Ms. Professionalism. I thought pink better reflected who I am today. That would be someone who's just trying to be herself.


Four years ago I still had that mindset that you had to be a certain way to succeed. Today I know the only way for me to succeed is be authentic. And guess what. I like pink. And I don't like wearing pant suits. And occassionally I call my boss "dude." But I also work really hard and I don't see things the same as everyone else - which is definitely a benefit in this Century (being to see things the same as everyone else was a benefit in the last Century and that's probably one of the reasons I ran into trouble.)


I think one thing Gen X women have done is make it okay to be feminine. We don't have to dress like guys or use sports jargon to get ahead (we can, if that's what we like - but we don't HAVE to.) I was never good at playing a "man's game" at work. It's interesting how much better you do when you don't play a game.

How have you changed in the last four years?

6 comments:

KateNonymous said...

I think it's been about four years since I wore a suit of any kind, and longer than that since I wore nylons for anything but a funeral or a job interview.

The biggest change in my life is that I became a mother; the second biggest is that I became a homeowner. But I still feel like me, which I like.

MichelleD said...

Love the new site! Great Ms. Expert! I've always loved pink.

Kristina said...

Authenticity is the new black! Love it.

Biggest change for me? Finally achieving that book deal. I still can't believe it some days. Oh, and that second kid. She's pretty important, too.

And I'm with KateNonymous, I don't think I've worn hose in four years.

Kathy said...

Hey - I like the new look! And especially liking the hairstyles on Melanie Griffiths and whatsername....how 80s can we get?

In the last 4 years, I've changed hairstyles 3 times. I've tried coloring my hair. I know - so superficial!

Tarang said...

Thank you for a awesome article.You have given me some ideas and a different way to to write articles.

Thanks
vCommissionNetwork Marketing Leads

Pool Installation West Coon Rapids said...

Innteresting thoughts