- No matter how old you get, if you come from a post-Boomer generation, the Boomers will call you “kid.”When I was 27, it kind of bugged me. Now that I’m 37, I’m kind of digging it.
- They will never give up the notion that The Beatles were the best band of all time. I disagree, of course. But you have to admire that kind of dedication.
- They are in total denial that they’re getting old. I don’t know why, but this one just amuses me.
- They are the masters of generational spin. As a marketer, I can appreciate people who can always find a way to present themselves in the best possible light.
- It took some time, but they’ve really lightened up since the ‘90s and learned to laugh at themselves.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Have you hugged a Boomer lately?
I just read Boomer Hilary Kaye’s blog post in OC Metro.com regarding how she’s planning to read the new book “Grown Up Digital.” The post wasn’t Earth shattering, but I got a really good Boomer-vibe off it. Which got me thinking: I’ve been having some really good Boomer interactions lately. Could it be the X-Boomer conflict is finally over? Probably not. However, I decided in the spirit of all these positive feelings to write my Top 5 Boomer Qualities list: